The Food Processing Committee has been recently formed to serve as contact point for enhancing
business linkages between farmers, growers and food processing units.
The committee functions through the following initiatives;
- Dissemination of important business information
- Represent MCCIA Food Processing Members in policy formation
- Organize knowledge sharing
- Sharing Government Policies
- To develop backward and forward integration model for the Food Processing Units
- Prepare an exhaustive Memorandum to the Government of Maharashtra for the development of
Food Processing sector with identification of gaps, problem areas with possible solutions
- Food Industry Advisory Service and Food Business Support Programs created awareness of
‘Kisan Sampada Scheme’ of MOFPI, GoI, New Delhi.
- Interaction Meetings with Italian, Belgian, German, Japanese for the latest International
Food Processing Technologies.
- Dissemination of Government Notifications and Important Circulars for the Food Processing
- Representation of problems, issues of the MCCIA Food Sector Members to the Chief Minister,
GoM, FDA-FSSA Minister, GoM.
- Organized several Food Industry Exposure Visits for Members.
- New initiatives for the first time in India:
Unique events organized for the Pune Food Processing Cluster:
a) ‘Food Industry-CFTRI Conclave’ for the Food Technologists and MCCIA Food Sector Members.
b) International Conclave on ‘Ideas, Innovation & Industry Enabling Smart Food
- Organized a series of events on ‘Safe Food & GMP for the Street Food Vendors’ in
association with FDA, GoM.
- Mr. Anand Chordia, Chairman, represented to the ‘Parliamentary Standing Committee on
Strengthening of Agri-Food Processing linkage for Processing & Value Addition’ and
Impact of Imports of Chinese Foods on Indian Market.
- Started collaborative working with the MoFPI on FP Incubation.
- Organized a Workshop on Safe Prasad & Hygiene of Street Food Vendors with FDA &