With a view to professionalize, strengthen and commercialize Agriculture and its Allied
Activities, MCCIA started the Agriculture & Agribusiness Committee in 1992.
Following activities are carried on by the committee.
- Government Representations
- Interventions in Policy Measures
- Create and Enhance Awareness of the Government Measures and Regulations
- Business linkages between Farmers and Agriculture & Food Processing Units
- Information dissemination through seminars, workshops, discussion meetings on various
- The first Internet based ‘Gramin Information Centre’ (GIC) was formed by MCCIA. Later
on, DoA, replicated this model and formed 330 such centers named as ‘Bazaar Mahiti
Kendras’. The rural community is using these centers for sourcing the Agriculture Market
information through Internet.
- The Agriculture Committee worked with UNIDO and developed Pune Food Cluster.
- Formation of Agriculture and Food Testing Laboratory NAFARI with the support of Ministry
of Food Processing Industry, GoI and MCCIA Food Industry Members.
- Prepared a comprehensive draft for ‘Agro Industrial Policy’ for GoM.
- Represented Agri-Food Sector on the State level Government Committees, DoA.
- Released Agriculture Food Directories, Publications and Perspective Plan for Banana
- Formation of ‘Agri Forum’ for commercial Agriculture & Agribusiness activities for
New Developments, Technologies in Agriculture and Business & Networking Meetings.
- Organized International event, Agriculture Farm Machinery Expo & Trials cum
Demonstrations of Advanced Italian Farm Machineries which was first of its kind
exposition in Pune.
- Collaborated with NABARD, FICCI, USA Soy Council, MSAMB, MACP, NHM, ASCI for
- Formation of Agri-Horticulture Commodity Clusters such as: Fruits & Vegetables
Cluster, Maharashtra Irrigation Association, Maharashtra Lime Growers’ Association,
Maharashtra Papaya Growers’ Association.