Mr. Pramod Chaudhari
Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture
Mr. Pramod Chaudhari, Executive Chairman Praj Industries Ltd, provider of end-to-end technology solutions for Bio-fuel, Bio-Chemical and Bio-pharmaceutical industry.
- As a first generation techno-entrepreneur, he founded Praj in 1983. His vision of indigenously developing world-class project engineering company and to create employment in rural areas, particularly in farming community dealing with adverse weather conditions, was the genesis of Praj.
The business model designed by him based on triple bottom-line principle is inherently scalable, replicable, sustainable and it fostered the emergence of the Agri-processing industry in India. As India’s biggest Bio-Industrial company, Praj’s has in excess of 750 footprints in over 75 countries, across five continents.
- Deeply passionate about environment, Pramod is committed to innovate clean and green technologies solutions for sustainable world. As a champion of the powerful premise that 'Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship can change world for better', he has been a tireless crusader in propagating spirit of entrepreneurship, especially amongst youth.
- Pramod is a ‘Distinguished Alumnus of IIT Bombay (1971)’ and an alumnus of Harvard Business School (AMP 1995).
Pramod has been associated with many eminent organizations holding responsible positions from time to time.
- Chairman of National Committee on Bio-Energy (including Biofuels and Renewable Energy) since 2007-08 till now, at Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- President of Maharatta Chamber of Commerce, Industries & Agriculture (MCCIA) Pune for 2016-18.
- President of Science & Technology Innovation Park Pune for 2016-18.
- Member of World Council on Industrial Biotechnology (WCIB) promoted by WEF and BIO.
In addition to above, he is :
- Member of the Board of Entrepreneurship Development Center at NCL
- Member of Governing Board of SINE (Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship) at IIT Bombay
- Founder Trustee of Pune International Center (PIC)
- Founder Member of Indian Federation of Green Energy (GREENFED)
- Founder Member of Inter Institutional Inclusive Innovations Center (i4c)
- Member on the Advisory Boards of reputed academic institutes of Engineering, Technology and Management. Strongly promoting Industry – Academia interaction, leading to Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Pramod co-authored a book ‘As Is what Is’, a story of the journey of Praj.
- He has been profiled in the books— 'Thought Leaders', ‘Path Breakers’ and ‘Khare Khure (True) Idols – II’ by leading publishing houses. These books focus on visionary entrepreneurs.
- He has been actively contributing on various Climate Change forums including that of UN Leadership Forum on Climate Change.
- The ‘Distinguished Alumnus Award’ by IIT, Bombay.
- Voted amongst ‘Globally Top 100 People’ in BioEnergy space by Biofuels Digest.
- ‘BioSpectrum Leadership Award’ for his remarkable work in promoting the cause of Biofuels in the past three decades
- ‘Empresario Most Inspiring Entrepreneur Award’ by National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
- ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by Sugar Technologists’ Association of India
- ‘Maxell (Maharashtra Corporate Excellence) Life Time Achievement Award’ by Maxell Foundation, Mumbai
- ‘Life Time Achievement Award’ by Army Institute of Technology, Pune
- ‘National Level Entrepreneurship Award’ by Jagatik Marathi Chamber of Commerce.
- ‘Outstanding Contribution through Innovation Award’ by Chemtech Foundation for leading Praj into developing innovative technologies.
- ‘Distinguished Service Award 2015’ by IIT, Bombay.