In this day and age, personal data sharing and processing has become crucial for both the data users and data processors. From social media to government records, personal information of people is used extensively for various reasons; from the legitimate ones such as record keeping, polling, census, marketing and business purposes, research, etc. to the less legitimate ones such as spamming and unlawful surveillance. With the occurrence of worrying recent events like Aadhar database leaks and the Facebook-Cambridge analytica data scandal, the pressing need of the hour is that awareness regarding data protection be disseminated among both the ends of the spectrum. In this one-day conference, we endeavor to contribute to that by discussing significant topics such as the current Indian data privacy laws and its scope in the protection of private data, the General Data Protection Regulation passed by the EU and its effects on both Indian and global platforms, and industrial data protection practices, etc.
The conference will focus on:
- Legal and Regulatory environment on Data Protection in India.
- Impact of GDPR. (Global Data Protection Rules).
- Indian data protection laws. The scope of it with respect to personal data protection, its requirements from the companies handling the data of Indian citizens, the legal repercussions of the act.
- GDPR. The General Data Protection Regulation is a seminal new law passed by the EU which imposes new obligations on organizations collecting and processing personal data of EU citizens. The panel will discuss the affects of the new law on the Indian companies and provide useful insights into the law and give constructive directions to companies who need to comply with the GDPR’s guidelines by 25 May 2018.
- Good data privacy practices by an industry expert panelist.
We believe that data privacy laws play more than just an obligatory legal role in our lives. We think it is high time that safe data practices be exercised and the privacy of personal information be given utmost priority. Our panel of legal and industrial experts proficient in Indian data privacy laws, the GDPR, and industrial data safety practices will cover each of the aforementioned topics thoroughly to ensure that at the end of the conference the attendees are well informed about data privacy laws and can achieve complete compliance with them.
The conference will be a great opportunity for Data Protection Officers or Chief Information Officers of a company, members of the board, data operations overseers, legal advisors etc. to learn about data privacy laws and to implement transparent and safe data practices in their respective fields.
Adv. Apurv Sardeshmukh, is a partner at Legasis Partners
Mr. Anubhav Kapoor, Legal Counsel and Company Secretary Tata Technology
Mr. Priyank Gupta , Partner Stratjuris
Ms. Niti Paul, Partner Data Privacy Practice at Stratjuris Partners
Members Rs. 2500/- + GST 18%
MCCIA forum of association members Rs. 2500/- plus GST
(IGCC, MIG, etc)
Others Rs.3000/- + GST 18%
Registration: Register on or before May 12
email@example.com, 9881098445 / firstname.lastname@example.org, 25709182