- Sudhanwa H. Kopardekar
Director – Mahratta Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture
Looking after International Business and Relations, Foreign Trade Regulations, Information Technology, Civil Aviation and CEO Forum
B.Com, MBA(Finance), Certificate Course in International Trade
- Major Responsibilities –
- For International Business and Relations and Foreign Trade Regulations
1. To organise events focusing on business opportunities in various countries and the products /technologies offered or sought by them
2. To organise Courses/Workshops/Training Programmes/Seminars on various topics relating to International Business and Foreign Trade Regulations
3. To organise Interactive Sessions with relevant Government Authorities for addressing the Issues faced by exporters/importers, to seek their inputs in the changes desired in the Regulatory Framework and to spread awareness about the prevalent national and International frameworks supporting the growth of International Trade
4. To organise Individual Meetings with officials of Consulates /Trade Commissions with which MCCIA has formal MoUs (currently Netherlands and Wallonia –Belgium), and some other relevant organizations on a regular basis to provide opportunity to companies from Pune to understand the prospects of doing business with the respective countries (imports, collaborative developments, Joint Ventures in India, Investing in those countries, accessing the incubation facilities and welcome offices)
5. Networking with like minded organizations to disseminate information about relevant events in India and abroad and also to promote business enquiries
6. Advisory Services to existing and potential exporters about the regulatory and other aspects involved in export promotion
7. To support the promotion of international links of NAFARI (Food Testing, Analysis and Research) and Auto Cluster (R&D, Testing, Prototype development for Auto components sector), two projects conceptualized and initiated by MCCIA
8. To promote visit of business community from Pune to international events such as major Exhibitions, Conferences etc.
9. To support in promoting Pune as an attractive destination for investments and as a major source of quality products and services and as a premier marketing centre by way of Presentations to the visiting delegations, prospective investors and VIPs from other countries
- For IT
1. Organise events for the benefit of IT Community focusing on Technology, Business Applications, Green IT, eSecurity, B-to-B networking, Sessions on Current Scenario and Prospects etc.
2. To assist in representations to Government authorities for issues of IT and ITES sector
3. To assist in addressing the problems relating to Public Transport, Infrastructural bottlenecks etc. by supporting in organising meetings, preparing representations etc.
4. To co-ordinate on brining out Publications/prepare Presentations on IT and ITES sector on a periodic basis
- For Civil Aviation
1. To assist in promoting Pune’s air links with more destinations in India and abroad
2. To assist in preparing documents, presentations etc. in support of expediting decisions relating to the planned Independent International Airport in Pune region
3. To co-ordinate projects of international organizations such as UNIDO for the Auto components and other sectors
- At the CEO Forum, try to invite CEOs of successful companies from India and abroad to inspire MCCIA member companies to achieve greater heights.